Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Short Posts (updated 08/05/2015)

When Writer's Block Becomes a Spiritual Experience

January 10, 2015

The pen cap removed, the writer enters the dark cave and stands face to face with Story Yet Untold. For a moment, he admires this specimen and considers keeping it hidden for himself.... But then, why else are stories born if not to be revealed?

There'll be another, he whispers. Perhaps I'll keep that one.

Looking once more to his pen, he sets the tip upon the paper and, without further hesitation, sets about his task.


Warning from Afar

January 7, 2015

How many of her most attractive wares should have served as warning instead?

Time and time before had only served to reinforce that her light could only blind me.

Time and time before… and yet here I stand once again.

Advance or retreat? Does my contemplation exist only to assuage tomorrow’s guilt?

I know how this will end, but still I glide purposefully towards her harbor.

Moving closer, I smile – knowing full well that my every best intention will only find me wrecked upon her shores. 


This post was made in collaboration with Doug Craig, to whom I owe a debt of gratitude for the use of his fine photo. You can see more of Doug here: https://www.facebook.com/dougcraigphotography.


Footprints 

December 15, 2014


As he walked in the crisp morning air, his every footprint erased what had taken each crystal its entire lifetime to accomplish. 

Looking ahead of him, he smiled. The white city had not yet awoken and was now pristine in its frosty coat. 

Behind him however lay a trail marked with disarray – as if anywhere he had thought to step had now lost its innocence. 

No comments:

Post a Comment